Okay, so I know it's October and I should be making pumpkin something or others, but when I got
Secrets from the Cookie Princess I knew I wanted to make a cookie for this month's
Secret Recipe Club. And then I saw these and, I'm sorry, but my mind just fast-forwarded to December and I thought, "I have to make them." I even took them to the Halloween party we attended tonight. So much for pumpkiny pumpkin things. Incidentally, Colleen has tons of delicious-looking cookies on her site. Other things too, but, yes, lots and lots of great-looking cookies.
Anyway, if you really want Halloween-looking cookies, I'm sure you could dress these up for whatever holiday you wanted with some colored chocolate chips. Orange would be perfect for Halloween and I know you can find red and green for Christmas.
And let me tell you these cookies are good, but this dough--
this dough is the best dough I've ever eaten in my life. Yeah, yeah, I'm a dough eater; wanna make something of it? Next time I make cookie dough ice cream, I'm making this dough (sans the eggs) and I think it will change my life forever.
Double Chocolate Mint Cookiesadapted from
Secrets from the Cookie Princessmakes 4-5 dozen
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 9-10 minutes per batch
Cost: $4.65
butter: 1.50, brown sugar: .35, sugar: .15, eggs: .20, flour: .25, cocoa: .30, chocolate chips: 1.90
1 1/2 C butter, softened (I always get my really softened and I
like it that way)
1 C brown sugar
1 C sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp peppermint extract
3 C flour
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 C chocolate chips
Combine butter and sugars. Beat. Add eggs and extracts (and, yes, that is 2 tsp peppermint--I thought it was a lot too, but it's perfect). Add dry ingredients and mix. Add chocolate chips.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until those middles aren't raw looking (shiny) anymore. Chocolate cookies can be a little easy to overbake, so be sure to take them out as soon as that raw shininess is gone.
PRINTABLE RECIPE
0 Yorumlar