Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

1950's Cupboard

I spotted this cupboard at the same estate sale where I found the Hartland horses.  On the first day of the sale it was marked $35.  I held out for the last day of the sale and went back for it.  It was still there and now 75% off, so I bought it for $8.75.




It was pretty dirty, but had lots of potential. I'd already pulled the drawers when I took these pictures.  They were full of miscellaneous papers, flower seeds, sewing thread and one shark's tooth.  When you buy a piece of furniture at an estate sale, the contents go with it, for better or worse.


It has a white formica top with chrome trim.  I believe this cupboard was probably homemade, but done very well.  The back had some water damage at the bottom, so I replaced it with a new piece of thin veneered plywood. I also reinforced the bottom with a 2x4 frame.


 It's about 4 feet wide by 3 feet high and 2 feet deep. I was originally going to repaint it white, but the idea of painting it a 1950's turquoise won me over.


I polished the handles and trim with chrome polish.  I love how it turned out.




I painted the inside shelves white.


Just noticing looking at this picture I forgot to paint the bottom back.  Back to painting.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar