| a three day cruise on NCL from Barcelona to Rome |
A big part of our mental heath is having things to look forward to in life. I learn a lot from Lula, my carefree Labrdoodle. She joyfully anticipates the simplest things each day: having a treat, going for a bike ride or a walk, and riding in the car.
We don't have to spend a lot of money on things that bring us happiness. We just need to be aware and to make time for them. For me, that means using the numerous bike trails that are available to us in Santa Clarita. It's so much fun to get up early, hop on the bus, load the bike on the bike rack, and to explore!
| approaching Napoli: view from my balcony |
I get together with my dancing friends once a year. Often it's just a short trip, one or two nights, but I greatly enjoy seeing people that I have known for thirty years. We have wonderful memories and a strong connection. I will drive to the location to see them, if it's on the West Coast. Last year I took a road trip to Reno. This year it will be Las Vegas. If the reunion is in New York, I book a cheap flight in advance, and fly.
You can look forward to a favorite cup of tea, a delicious coffee, or a dessert. You might anticipate taking a wonderful ballet or yoga class. Whatever it is, if it lights you up, it's a positive for your state of mind. I even find that making a favorite recipe makes me look forward to relishing a delicious dinner. Planning a trip in advance enables you to find inexpensive flights and to save the money you will need for meals, tips, and touring. You can research everything online and find what it is that you would prefer. Reading the reviews and seeing the photos is very helpful, too.
What do you look forward to in life? Has it changed as you've gotten older?
Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

0 Yorumlar