
I will be going to the polls, but not to vote for the POTUS.
Oh, I'll probably cast my vote for Ron Paul, but I have no illusions about his electability -- unless Dr. Paul accepts a Vice-Presidential slot, the man is simply unelectable.
No, I shall be going to the polls to ensure -- to the best of my ability -- that the State of Texas sends conservatives to Capitol Hill.
One thing that we tend to forget -- with the willing aid of the mass media -- is that the President of the United States is not a king. Other than Executive Orders -- which can be overturned by both Congress and the Supreme Court -- the POTUS can not make law.
The President of the United States can only take legislation crafted by Congress and either sign it into a law or veto it.
The die is cast, Gentle Readers: we are not going to get a conservative President for the next four years. It is simply not going to happen.
However, if the only legislation that reaches the desk of the President comes from a conservative Congress, the majority of the damage can be avoided.
That's my hope, anyway.
Abstain from voting for the President if you must; but please cast your vote for a conservative Capitol Hill.
LawDog

0 Yorumlar