Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

R*e*s*p*e*c*t

Oh ~ the holiday shopping season has arrived I think

I will warn you now
this is not a post full of pretty pictures
or kind words

it is a little vent...

yesterday ~ like every Sunday
I headed to the grocery store
I was not in a foul mood or rushed in any way

 I was checking things off my list
and checking out the sales
when a cart hit me from behind

thinking it was someone I knew
that was just horsing around ~ trying to get my attention

I turned around with a smile
and saw this little old lady
and she was not from Pasadena ~ veering around me
without a sorry or excuse me

now I am usually quite tolerant
I do respect my elders
after all
my generation was raised to do that

but I was quite perturbed when this happened
so I shrugged it off and kept on my way

fast forward 15 minutes or so and
now I am in the check out line
and I will admit
I try my best to get in a line without a 12 year old
ringing through the purchases
but yesterday I did not do that

I know they are not 12
but I think when I was 16 or 17
I knew better than to put bread and milk
in the same bag
just saying...

I had my first job at 16 and I know I was not giving
gold standard customer service by a long shot
 but I did not sigh when I was waiting on my customer
and ask them what time it was

after I was all rung through
and heading out to the parking lot
I see a man that made his own spot
so I shake my head and roll my eyes.....

I get into my car and get to thinking
the Christmas shopping season has not even started yet
and people are tearing around with no regards to 
the people around them

I feel I am fortunate
I do not have to go from store to store 
looking for the latest coolest must have toy
because I have 4 legged kids

my buy for list is relatively small

I do not have to travel far to spend time
with my family

so I made a deal with myself 
that I will treat others with respect
while we head out into the hustle and bustle
this holiday season


 thanks for listening!








Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar