Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sightings

One Saturday morning in October I was heading downtown. I came up a route I occasionally take, heading up a staircase that ascends the side of the same cliff that Parliament Hill stands on, only further west. Here just north of Chinatown, the cliff is dominated by the Dominican University College above, which I haven't featured in the blog before. The building houses both a monastery and the educational program, which offers undergraduate and graduate programs in theology and philosophy and is affiliated with Carleton University. It dates back to the end of the 19th century, and is built in a Neo-Gothic design. The place is a regular feature in the Doors Open program in June.


Nearby stands Saint-Vincent Hospital, which had some nice fall colours alongside the building.


I stopped on Plaza Bridge to photograph the fall view over the Canal locks. I'll have more shots from around here taken on different days before I'm done with the autumn series.


These are two shots of Trinity Anglican Church in Old Ottawa South, which I haven't featured on the blog before.


Here we have a view of the nearby Rideau River, taken the same morning.


And I finish off today with this view in Old Ottawa East, outside a former town hall that now serves as a community centre.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar