Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Snickers, Squirrels and Snacks . . .

I guess this will be a snacking day, so here we go with
Snickers enjoying her favorite chew stick snack. . .


Grey squirrel is snacking on seeds while
sitting on the vine in the old oak tree.




bet you can guess who she is watching



We aren't football enthusiasts alhough when the
Packers are playing we are cheering for them.

Tonight we'll enjoy a couple of snacks
and enjoy the Giants and the Patriots.
I pulled out some of our favorite recipes,
and here are a couple we are enjoying tonight.




Water Chestnut Yummies
Old recipe
tried and true
cooking right now
Thanks
Doug  and Jane


The following recipe is a great recipe to freeze, have available for a party.
I made these before Christmas and we are finishing them tonight.



Don't you love seeing a recipe written
in the hand of the recipe owner . . . I do.
By the way, bake these at 350, 15 minutes or so.



The other day I cut some red twig dogwood,
added my grey pine cones, along with a piece of Roseville
and just for fun I am showing you the look on our fireplace mantle.
The red twig look came from an idea I saw here,
go to the post
Morning Sparkle




We will enjoy the
Best Brownie Recipe
ever to cap out our snack night

Seriously . . . the best,

I would rather eat the batter than the brownies.
Can be frosted, I like them without.
Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book
Page 195 . . . in 1961 edition





I haven't a clue how many times I have made this recipe
Look at the torn, batter dripped recipe and you will have an idea.
Difficult to read, so here you go
PERFECT BROWNIES
{says Lynne}

1/2 cup softened butter, 1 cup of sugar, 2 eggs
mix softened butter and sugar, add eggs, mix thoroughly
add 1 teaspoon of vanilla,
1/2 cup flour,
2 1 oz squares of melted unsweetened chocolate
to above mixture, add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts if you choose.
(I use a double boiler to melt chocolate)
Pour batter in a 8x8"x 2" pan
Bake at 325 degrees, 35 minutes

Husband is not a chocolate guy so this will be
MY TREAT

What are your favorite snack recipes,
I would love to know?

TTFN

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar