Courtesy of a link at Christopher Burg's blog, I learned of the existence of the Wagakki Band, which according to Wikipedia "fuse[s] Vocaloid songs with wagakki (traditional Japanese musical instruments) and Western rock". I listened to the song he provided, and found it intriguing: so I tried to learn more about the group. It's relatively new, having only been in existence for three years and produced two albums so far.
(Click the image for a larger view)
The band's Web site is heavy on flash imagery, but doesn't provide much detail. However, there are a number of their music videos on YouTube. For your entertainment, here are two of them. Since I don't speak or understand Japanese, I can't tell you what they're about: but the combination of traditional and electronic instruments, as well as the nasal, wailing Japanese singing, produces a unique musical expression. See what you think.
If anyone can point us to sources with more information about the band, I'd be grateful.
Peter


0 Yorumlar