We got the tractor in 1986 or 1987 when we moved to the resort. It was a stump puller, wood hauler...when Far Guy was felling trees in the woods I would crouch down by the tires in case a tree came the wrong way. I learned to drive it...we drug the driveway with a bedspring to level out the road after a rain. We used it to put the fishing docks in and out of the lake...we had four docks that had to come out in the fall and into the lake in the spring. We hooked up a screw type woodsplitter up to the back of the tractor and split mountains of wood. It was a real work horse for us. Far Guy and his Dad worked on restoring it, it gave them both something to tinker with.
We put it in storage for a few years and out it came to haul sand bags around after the Flood of 1997. The trip to Harwood North Dakota was harrowing...we transported it on a car trailer and tied it down but it was still an accident waiting to happen that thankfully didn't happen.
Then it went back to storage...another 95 mile trailer ride that was exciting.
Finally Far Guy drove it up the road to where we live now. It pulled stumps out, it has hauled firewood and brush. Grandchildren sat on the seat and pretended to be farming. As I recall it was a really good babysitter for Adam! I have a photo of Adam someplace...I could not find it.
2008 the Grandgirls; Paige, Maddie and Savannah
Now it is time for it to go to a new home...after 34 years it is about time. The original owners manual will accompany the tractor.
Here it is out in the yard ready to be loaded on a trailer.
Far Side

0 Yorumlar