After hearing a lot of good words about the service from MINK, new age dry cleaning service currently available in few suburbs of Mumbai. I wanted to try it. As I got some vouchers for Mink through contribution to a local website, I was happy to try the service and add the vouchers to use as well.
I gave a few of my kid's dresses, one of them had some grease kind of stains on it. All on express delivery as I need to go out of station.
Well, the appointment was not going through the website at all for hours. I finally tried the number mentioned. Whatsapped them. That was very smooth, courteous and efficient. I did give the feedback to them on the website, and they resolved it soon.
It was such a quick service. The personnel on whatsapp, on call, delivery guy were all so courteous, well mannered and professional.
And the clothes? Magic. Very neat work. Am so happy.
What Is Mink?: MINK is specialized to dry clean all sorts of clothes including heavy Indian designer or festival wear, home decor articles, suits, seasonal wear etc. On top of that they can clean our shoes and bags as well, be it leather, fabric or sports. This sounds very exciting as I do prefer dry cleaning the important shoes, bags and soft toys.
Currently they are live in Powai, Jogeshwari, Andheri west, Versova, Ghatkopar west, Vikhroli west, Kanjurmarg, and Bhandup west.
USP:
The USP of MINK is quality and convenience. With my own experience and a number of friends in Powai, I can say that they offer the best quality possible in the premium dry cleaning segment and the pick and drop can be scheduled according to the customer's convenience. Also, MINK is a one stop solution for dry cleaning of your clothes, steam ironing, shoes and bags cleaning etc. They even provide express service with an extra charge if the customers need the clothes to be dry cleaned urgently. I used this service as I had to travel and it was delivered on time.
Packaging: These people do take their packaging of clothes and branding very seriously. Love their bags and covers.
All the packaging material they use plays a major role to maintain the quality of dry cleaning till it reaches us. In fact many of us keep the dry cleaned clothes as it is in their cupboard for months and the clothes remain the same. Also, Mink tries to recycle as much of the packaging material as they can.
Packaging: These people do take their packaging of clothes and branding very seriously. Love their bags and covers.
All the packaging material they use plays a major role to maintain the quality of dry cleaning till it reaches us. In fact many of us keep the dry cleaned clothes as it is in their cupboard for months and the clothes remain the same. Also, Mink tries to recycle as much of the packaging material as they can.
How did it come up: On further enquiry, I found that it is a startup founded by IIT and NIT graduates. How cool is that!
Seems that they realized that the premium/luxury apparel market had grown significantly in India in the last few years majorly because of substantial increase in the disposal income of an average Indian. But professional services who could cater to the maintenance of these costly articles had not really come up. That's when the idea of MINK was conceptualized.
They visited more than 50 existing laundries, not only the stores but their workshops as well, right from Dhobhi Ghat to upto some of the most revered names in the industry. And what they observed appalled them. There was almost no modernization in these workshops in the last 20 years. Most of the work was still manual. So it was a bit easy for for Mink leaders in that way to get a quick grasp of the existing best practices in the industry. Also they spent many weeks reading on the internet about the latest technological developments in the laundry/drycleaning industry (they still do that) and tried to incorporate a few of them in their setup when they started.
Prices:
The first time when I had glanced a their pricing Here I thought it was high and it does seem so. But when I experienced their services, looking at the entire professionalism and final product, and various positive feedback from friends in Powai, I feel it is good.
When I spoke about prices, they shared that they are in fact around 10% cheaper than the traditional store based premium dry cleaners available in the market with definitely better quality of dry cleaning.
When I spoke about prices, they shared that they are in fact around 10% cheaper than the traditional store based premium dry cleaners available in the market with definitely better quality of dry cleaning.
What's Next:
Mink will be going live in all the remaining suburbs of Mumbai in next 2-3 months. Keep following their facebook page to know more about occasional discounts and their long term plans.
Now here is something truly special for Acemat subscribers:
Now here is something truly special for Acemat subscribers:
Use Promocode - ACEMAT25



0 Yorumlar